Island Hopping - Gulf of Thailand

By 11:15

After I left Ko Lanta, I headed over to the Gulf coast to visit three popular Thai islands. First on my agenda was Koh Samui. After 12 hours of traveling, I finally arrived at the hotel and the evening was filled with a short exploration of the beach and a dinner at the local food market.


The next day I lazily spent at the beach. 


And there really is nothing to complain about at Mae Nam beach- soft and clean sand, nice and warm water with a good depth for swimming. I happily relaxed there all day long with my book and an occasional smoothie.


I spent three nights on Koh Samui but I have to say that there really isn't much to do there besides tanning. There are some famous party areas like Chaweng but since I am not really into places like that, I just visited the city once to get new reading material. I did a little hike to Koh Samui's famous Big Buddah, but unfortunately it was under construction and the site was not really impressive.


Also, I was quite unfortunate with the hotel that I booked on Samui. After the second night I woke up with little bites all over my body - and they didn't seem to be mosquito bites. Therefore I was not so sad to leave Koh Samui and looking back on my trip as a whole, I would say that this is the place that I would most unlikely go back to.
However, soon after this little disappointment, I found a place which made up for all of it and totally captured me with its beauty - stay tuned to find out about it!

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare