Bangkok Day 2

By 05:35

Pheeew, my feet feel like I've walked through the whole city of Bangkok in one day.

In the morning I left the hotel to get to Sathorn Pier where I bought a day-ticket for the boats driving on the Chao Phraya. It stops at 13 piers and from there you can easily get to most of the big attractions. My first stop was at the Wat Pho, a temple that is home to a 46 m tall Buddha.
    

I spend some time there to enjoy the scenery.




Afterwards I hopped back on the boat to get to the Grand Palace. It is amazing!

    

    


I visited the famous emerald buddha ( no pics allowed) and all other parts of the palace that are open to the public. If you wantbto visit the Grand Palace, male sure to wear long pants and no tanktops! They really won't let you in, you could rent appropriate clothing but the line is huge. I just brought a big scarf that i converted to a long skirt while visiting the palace.

My next stop was the famous Khao San Road- a backpacker oasis which ows its fame to Leonardo DiCaprio who visited the street in his movie "The beach".


It is a very lively and busy place, perfect for some people-watching ;)

My last stop was the flower market.



Before getting back to the hotel (much easier with the address in thai)

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare