A week in Chiang Mai

By 05:56

As you know I have stayed in Chiang Mai the last week. Initialy I only planned to stay 3 nights but I ended up staying a whole week since I really enjoyed myself there. 

The first day, I did probably the most touristic thing you can do in Chiang Mai-visit the Doi Suthep. It's a temple on a hill with good views of Chiang Mai ( if you are lucky and there is not too much smog). There are Songthaews leaving at almost every corner so you will easily find your way. The ride up there is horrendous and super curvy so if you suffer from motion sickness, it might not be the best place to go...


Once you get there, you can climb up the 306 steps and take a look around. 


The view:


It's a nice way to spend an afternoon, but not the most spectacular attraction I have seen here. 

The next day I visited two orchid farms and a butterfly farm.


If you are into flowers it's a nice little attraction.


The butterflies were pretty aswell.



A must-do in the evening is definitely the visit of a Muay-Thai fight. They take place at Tapeah boxing stadium in the old town of Chiang Mai every evening except on sundays. For 400 bath you get to watch 7 fights and trust me- even if you aren't into boxing this is sooo much fun!


They really don't treat each other gently... 


And lastly, you can spend hours and days in the various cafés and restaurants in Chiang Mai.






Okay okay, enough.... Or maybe just one more!


Ohhh and don't forget to try Kao Soy, the infamous Chiang Mai noodles, they taste heavenly and I'll definitely try to copy the recipe at home!


Chiang Mai has much more to offer, you can easily spend weeks there without getting bored. Visit the sunday walking streets, book one if the many treks or just walk around in the old town and visit some tempels. I also recommend a trip to one of the rooftop bars. I could've stayed much longer but adventures in Pai were waiting for me! More abour Pai will follow soon :)

You Might Also Like

1 Kommentare

  1. Oh Gott das Essen :O danke dass du die Nudeln mal für mich kochst :)

    AntwortenLöschen