Ayutthaya Day 2 and 3

By 22:37

On my second day in Ayutthaya I rented a bike and left to explore the rest of the ancient city. Although the traffic on the left side is a bit of a challenge if you are not used to it, I found my bike to be the best way to get around! 



I didn't really have a route in mind so I just cycled around randomly, enjoying the sites on the way. 


I even met some elephants! 


Suddenly I found myself on a highway so I decided that it might be time to turn around and cool off in the pool- a very good idea indeed (37 degrees Celsius and very moist weather!!)


Day three was all about life on the river. I booked a boattour and the disco-tuktuk picked me up at my guesthouse.


Soon after we left, the rain started pouring down- and I am not even kidding when telling you that I got completely soaked. Nevertheless the trip was great, we got off at some wats and being the only brave tourists in the rain, we had them almost to ourselves!


This was before it started raining :) 



Just some fish... 


Next stop: 


Sometimes these places really make you feel like Indiana Jones! 


The day ended with a nice ( and veeeery garlicy) meal at the nightmarket. 


The next morning, I packed my bags and hopped on a bus to Sukhothai, another ancient Thai capital. Stay tuned for pictures and reports from there :)


You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare