Sukhothai Adventures

By 07:13

When I arrived in Sukhothai after a rather tiring 6 hour bus ride, I decided that it was time for my daily dose of fried rice and my bed!

The next morning I rented a bile to explore the historical park, which is where you can see the monuments of the ancient capital. The park is very nice and neat-perfect for a bike tour! As you ride along, you'll see the wats and whenever you feel like it, you can hop off your bike and do some further exploring. 



The famous buddha with golden nails (no- that's not its actual name, I just can't remember...)


You can easily spend a whole day on your bike, which is what I did. If you are a rather ambitious biker, you can see all wats in one day. However I stayed another day in Sukhothai which mostly targeted the training of my taste buds...

Thai coffee - delicious!


Spicy noodles - hmm


Sticky rice with fresh mango - amazing


A fresh watermelon-shake


In case you are now thinking that I fullfilled my calorie intake for the day you are not quite right - there is always room for some fruit!


But yeah- I guess now it's enough... 

Besides eating I drove to New-Sukhothai, the modern part of the city, located 12 kms from the ancient part. It is not really worth a visit if you ask me, but I had to walk off some of the food.

All in all, Sukhothai is great! If you only have time to visit one of Thailands old capitals, I would recommend you to choose Sukhothai, however if you have enough time, both, Sukhothai and Ayutthaya, are worth a visit!!!

The next morning I packed my backpack and headed to Chiang Mai- and what can I say... It is aaaamazing! More to come soon ;)

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare